South Africa's answer to bodabodas?

My friend Koeks (as in Koeksister, aka Janine) going for a spin on the farm.

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I've been taking a break from this blog while I've been in South Africa, but wanted to introduce you to South Africa's answers to bodas (well, it's the best option I can find).


Some of the terrain in KwaZulu-Natal covered on the bike. With all that sugar cane the area often reminds me of my home, Murwillumbah.
I've been riding these bikes with my friends on their farm in KwaZuu-Natal and on the beach at The Dolphin Coast since my first trip to South Africa in 1997 (albeit always as a passenger).

One Ugandan friend Brenda (hello Brenda!) pointed out that they look "more stable and grounded" than her country's popular motorbike taxis. But who doesn't enjoy the thrill of a good boda ride? 
Oh, and if you don't want to go on South Africa's answer to the boda these are always an option.

Here's to 2013 and more boda rides when I'm back in Kampala. But in the meantime here's a link to some bodas that made 2012 for me.


Aren't you meant to be in Dalston? There's too many to pick from, but here's one boda that made my year.


















Comments